This blog is intended to create a dialogue about learning to receive with grace and ease.

So much has been written about the importance of giving that we forget that in order to give,

someone has to be receiving.





Sunday, November 28, 2010

Consider it Done – Part Two

Do you “consider it done” when you pray? I asked myself this question about my long-standing prayer request. I began by visualizing Jesus rather than Don standing before me. I had just finished praying for release from my debt and for a new, ideal home in place of my current one. I heard Jesus speak to me: “Joanne, I love you so much. I understand you want to be released from your debt and current house and move into a new one you and Roger select, one that has all the things you both desire. I would love to give these things to you. Would you allow me to do that?” (Can you imagine how it would feel to have Jesus himself offer to give you your heart’s greatest desire?)

I saw myself reply to him. “Oh Lord, I would love that so much. I accept! Thank you, thank you, thank you.” Jesus would then respond, “Great! Consider it done.” At this point I paused and reflected on how I would feel if this conversation had actually taken place. I knew immediately that I would feel tremendous relief because the debt was no longer mine. Jesus was taking care of it for me! I also imagined feeling great joy and anticipation – Jesus was providing us the house of our dreams. Now it would have been exciting if someone like Donald Trump, with all his resources and creativity, were to offer a house, but Jesus? This was clearly a step above even that!

So then I asked myself if I typically had those feelings when I prayed, because if I truly believed I had received the things I prayed for, I would feel relief, joy and anticipation. But the truth was that I did not usually feel that way after praying. Yes, I did feel some relief, and overall I felt better than when I had begun praying, but those feelings didn’t last. When an unexpected bill arrived or if my paycheck was not quite what I was hoping it would be, that familiar knot in my stomach would return. I did not “consider it done.”

This was a major “ah-ha” for me. I realized that “consider it done” was not just a catchy phrase; it was Jesus telling me the first action I was to take to bring about my dream. Almost always dreams come about through everyday life occurrences. We have to take some action to manifest our desires. After all, even lottery winners first had to buy a ticket!

That gap between feeling relief, joy and anticipation and what I feel in reality is the primary reason I still hold the debt and live where I live. I have made the commitment to be ever mindful of my feelings. Now when I sense any doubt, anxiety or worry rising in me, I immediately see Jesus standing before me saying, “Consider it done.”

No comments: