This blog is intended to create a dialogue about learning to receive with grace and ease.

So much has been written about the importance of giving that we forget that in order to give,

someone has to be receiving.





Sunday, October 14, 2012

Nothing Is Impossible



Do you have a dream or goal that feels too difficult or complex to achieve?  Last week I visited the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.  I discovered that I had no idea what complexity really meant!

Did you know that there were two million systems on an Apollo spacecraft? Two million!  How is it possible that mere mortals were able to design and operate so many systems at one time?  While I remember many of the launches (yes, I was very young!), I had no appreciation for how many spacecraft went up within months of each other.  I now understand that NASA had to be constructing several rockets at a time, adjusting the designs in process, as scientists learned from each flight.  In an interview of one of the astronauts who had walked on the moon, he stated emphatically that we should consider nothing as impossible.   Seeing the spacecraft up close and learning about how the various components worked, I have to agree.  It boggles my mind!

I was also very impressed with the intense training that went on and continues for all the space missions.  Did you know that there is a full-sized model of the International Space Station submerged under water that is used for training purposes?  How foolish we have been to take the accomplishments of all those involved in the space program for granted.  Just as surgeons caution that there is no routine operation, I now appreciate that there is no routine space mission. 

 Even if you can’t get to Florida, check the KSC out online, especially if you’re holding a big dream.  If we walked on the moon in 1969, it’s pretty likely that your dream is possible, don’t you think?

No comments: